Hey guys! I’m Danielle, lover of YA fantasy, contemporary romance, and the owner/creator of Forever Booked Up.
I have always loved books — the smell, the covers, browsing bookstores — but admittedly, have been a very on-and-off reader over the years.
As a child, I loved solving mysteries with Nancy Drew, The Boxcar Children, and escaping to faraway lands with my friends in The Magic Treehouse.
In my teen years, I loved angsty teen dramas like the Private and Twilight series’ and goofy rom coms like Confessions of a Shopaholic.
But between juggling school, work, and a social life, my love for reading really took a backseat. I read maybe 1-3 books a year. And at the time, that was sufficient.
Flash forward almost 10 years later to January 2019. After watching the Netflix movie, To All The Boys I Loved Before, I decided to pick up the series. And from there, my passion for reading was reignited.
In January 2020, I started my bookstagram account as a way to connect with other readers. I already LOVED following book accounts and thought it would be a fun way for me to interact with the community.
And now, June 2020, I decided to start the Forever Booked Up blog so that I could share even more with the community that I love.
So here we are. And if you have read this far, you are a total trooper and I’m SO happy you’re on this journey with me.
So that we can get to know each other a bit better, here are some fun facts about me:
- My favorite genre is YA fantasy. I’m a total daydreamer, a mental escapist, and fantasy books really feed my soul when I’m seeking that release from reality.
- I live in Minnesota with my husband. We have no kids, no pets — it’s just the two of us and for now, I love it that way.
- I also run a lifestyle blog, which is super fun, but honestly, I’m way more passionate about books so I’m much more excited about this one.
- I have never read the Harry Potter series (I know, I know) and as much as I truly do want to read them, they just keep getting pushed further down on my tbr. Maybe one day…
- When I’m not reading, you’ll catch me playing Sims, watching YouTube, or binging my favorite shows, New Girl or How I Met Your Mother.